Project 3: Organization Site
- Utilize content management system to build a website
- Conduct basic user research
You will build a website for an organization of your choice using Wordpress, a content management system. You will conduct basic user research, draft early concepts of the site and design according to the organization's needs.
- Conduct your user research. Interview at least two people using the basic user research activity.
- Collect content: tell the organization's story in written, photo and video content.
- Sketch two drafts of the site you will design with particular attention payed to functionality. Draw on what you learned from the user research to guide your design.
- Create a subdomain and install Wordpress to your server.
- Design the site using Wordpress.
- Site must have at least four pages.
- Use a variety of widgets and plugins.
- Tell the organization's story using the content you've created.
- Design should draw on informatiom gathered from user research activity.
Project 3 is worth 250 points.
- A+: Highly functional Wordpress site, design heavily influenced by user research.
- A: Influenced by user research, few errors in design or functionality.
- B: Little influence from user research, minimal customization of Wordpress site.
- C: Several missing components, ineffective influence from user research.
- F: Systemic errors, turned in late, critical errors.